Friday 12 April 2019

OUR AUDIO PROJECT: "THE WALL OF FAME"

Hi you all!

Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge.

The problem we proposed in class was called "The Wall of Fame". We brainstormed to find out which famous painters they already knew. Then, I wrote these artists' names on small pieces of paper and I gave them to several students at random.

Students were instructed to do a drawing based on a famous painter (Picasso, Banksy, Frida Kahlo, Piet Mondrian, etc). In order to do so, the students, first, had to investigate about their artists and then do the drawing.

Afterwards, we displayed the drawings in the corridor. Students could see  their classmates drawings based on the works of famous artists. Some of them knew a few of the artists' names, but they didn't know anything about their lives. Some students proposed to continue the project as an audio project. I found this really interesting as they were very excited about the idea.

Students had to record themselves talking about their assigned painters' lives without saying their name. Then, they had to give me the audio tracks, so I could upload them in SoundCloud.

The sound used in the podcast intro is by Kevin MacLeod. "New theme" CC BY 3.0.

Once I created the channel, I added all of the tracks to a playlist called "The Wall of Fame". Every Thursday since then we have been listening to one of the student's tracks. Students are told they must guess who the artist was.

The students enjoyed the audio project and I am sure we will do another one next year.

Using SoundCloud was very easy. First, you have to sign up, then upload the track recorded with your mobile phone and create a playlist. Then, the program gives you the option to embed the audio tracks in your blog post, etc. You can choose the way you want to display the layout of the track as well.

Here you can see the project in detail.



Here is my channel.

Here you can see and hear my playlist. I hope you like them.

Here is my welcome audio.

I hope you found this post useful. If you liked it, don't forget to follow my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment