Friday 22 March 2019

Infographics are great!

Hi you all!

Today I would like to share with you the infographic I designed for my 5th graders. It is about Spanish population.

Infographics help learners to understand content because they can visualize and contextualize the content. They are a very visual way of representing and transmitting knowledge via the web. This type of means to transmit information is key, attractive and engages students.

There are many tools we, as teachers, can use. Here are some of them:
-Easel.ly
-Picktochart
-Canva
-Smore
-Mural.ly
-Padlet

The tool I used was Picktochart. This is a web-based infographic application which allows users without intensive experience  as graphic designers to easily create infograpics and visuals using themed templated. The app is very intuitive, so it is very easy to use.

If you want to try it, you just have to create your own account (it's free!). Then, on the left, you will find a menu  in which you can select different features to create your own infographic. For instance, you will be able to choose  different lines, photos, symbols,backgrounds, shapes, letter font and sizes, etc. If you don't like the available pictures you can choose your own ones or create different graphic organizers, as I did.
Another advantage of using Piktochart is that is very easy to share and embed.
I couldn't find any disadvantage. In fact, it is a tool that I will use with my students in the future. As I said before, it is VERY intuitive.

Here you can have a look at my infographic. The topic I chose is 'Spanish population', which I personally find it very boring. I hope my students find the topic more interesting thanks to this infographic.

I hope you found this post useful. If you liked it, don't forget to follow my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment