Monday 25 February 2019

CONTENT CURATION TOOLS

We are teaching in the twenty-first century and our students must be prepared to face a modern society that changes at a very fast pace. One of the causes of these rapid changes is the use of new technologies. Although most of our students are already familiar with these technologies and are naturally interested in them, they need to be trained in order to improve their skills in the use of computers and different programmes. Furthermore, the information that we may find on the net these days is overwhelming, so we as teachers should learn how to filter, organize and curate it and teach our students to do the same.

In this lesson Mª.Jesús has showed us different tools to start curating content for our lesson. Here are some of the tools: Pinterest, Symbaloo, Pearltrees and List.ly.

I have started using Pinterest and I love it! There are millions of teachers sharing resources and ideas! This social platform is used as a means for people to save website content. Users can choose to share the content with other followers and/or look at what other people are saving from around the web. This app is highly recommended!

Here is my Natural Science board! But you can find more about my account by clicking on it. In my desk I have added some interesting resources to work in the the subjects of Natural and Social Sciences, Arts and Crafts and English.

 
I hope you found this post useful. If you liked it, don’t forget to follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment